SEO Manager - Cardiff
About Traffic Jam Media:
Digital marketing is an exciting and fast moving industry with constant changes and challenges. We're a young and ambitious company growing rapidly and are always on the lookout for passionate and ambitious people.
Traffic Jam Media offers anyone joining the company a competitive salary and benefits with strong growth and progression opportunities. We have a very open business culture and want to be challenged as much as we want to challenge our staff.
We are currently recruiting for an SEO Manager to take a senior position being responsible for working alongside our account directors to manage and improve our clients' SEO campaigns. Input on innovation and campaign strategy will be integral to being successful in this role.
- Analyse the SEO performance of enterprise-level, multi-national/lingual websites to demonstrate commercial value and ROI to the client
- Lead SEO technical excellence within the team, mentoring any junior members and working with the Account Directors to improve team processes and deliverables
- Conduct comprehensive audit technical SEO documentation, Information Architecture, U.I. reviews and keyword research to client standard
- Support the implementation SEO recommendations to clients’ development teams and external agencies
- Perform detailed backlink audits according to best-practice with the resulting insights being fed into briefs for the SEO outreach and content team
- Own the relationship with clients and co-ordinate resource as necessary alongside the Account Directors
- Create SEO project plans according to known opportunities and limitations which therefore result in achievable campaigns
- Project manage campaigns and provide accurate progress reports to Account Directors flagging risks
- Work with the Digital Strategy Director to audit client’s reporting and tagging set-up.
- Ensure team members are up to date with best practices and best tools to maintain a leading grip on SEO
We guarantee that your career with us will be varied and exciting. Every day in this fast paced environment presents a different challenge and if you work smart and are the best at what you do, your time here will produce endless possibilities for your future.
We aim to provide all of our people with a supportive and fun work environment where you can develop your full potential and benefit from the broad range of opportunities within the agency including:
- Personal development time
- Discounted gym membership
- Flexible working
- Vibrant atmosphere and working environment
- On the Job qualifications/certifications
- Experience in an SEO agency or similar
- High proficiency with SEO tools such as, MajesticSEO, SearchMetrics, Webmaster Tools, etc. Knows strengths and weaknesses of tools and how to best combine datasets to gain actionable insights
- Working knowledge of (CSS and HTML 5) according to W3C guidelines
- Proficiency with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Search Console
- Experience CMS systems such as wordpress, Joomla (bespoke systems an advantage)
- Able to confidently and concisely explain the most important SEO ranking factors to a non-technical audience and how to schedule these to maximise ROI
- Able to confidently explain the most significant Google milestones of the past 4 years including major updates and how they affected the SEO industry and its clients.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills to communicate daily with client’s project management and development team contacts
- Ability to execute a link building startegy
- Advanced Excel including pivot tables and analysis to derive useful insights from large datasets
- Experience of producing training for clients and colleagues
- Active participation in new business pitches and responses
Desirable (but not essential):
- Experience with international SEO campaigns
- Demonstrable contribution to the industry from thought leadership pieces such as articles, blogs, speaking at events, etc
- Setup, configuration and debugging experience of any web analytics tools
- Implementation of tagging solutions such Google Tag Manager
- Multi-lingual at business proficient level
If you feel you have the skills and drive to do well in this role, please email your CV to email@example.com or call us on 02921 167960 for more information.